Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Yuck

So I had another meeting about work stuff today and it was mutually decided that GCC isn't a good place for me now and it's time for me to move on. Partly because of the situation with the intern but also because the passion for all parts of the job is gone. I love certain parts of it but in total there are aspects that just aren't a perfect fit for me. As of July 31st I'm unemployed (with one month's pay and benefits).

I really feel like there's more out there for me but it's going to be so hard to leave here. I'm going to miss the students so much. The feelings are just setting in now: needing to find a new job, changing churches (just to get a clean break), etc. Send any job leads my way - I'll be shopping!

3 Comments:

Blogger swatterson said...

Wow Becky. I'm sorry that it turned out that way. I know it's hard to leave a job that you really like but I think you're right...there is a better fit for you and God will show you where it is.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:38:00 AM  
Blogger leslie said...

We will be praying for you. I know that those kids are losing someone that is so special to them. I'm sure you have made a huge impact on all of their lives. It's kind of exciting to know that God has something awesome in mind that He wants to use you for next! Where will Becky bounce next??? Good luck girl... I'll keep my ears open. Are you wanting to stay in Colorado?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger Becky Martin said...

I'm really open to moving where ever (I'm kind of starting over in lots of areas). The door is wide open for what I'll end up doing. I'm looking into event planning, desktop publishing or crisis management.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home